FDR Mediation | General Mediation | Elder Mediation
Gaye was initially trained by LEADR in 1998 and then completed the Massey Grad Dip Bus Studs (Dispute Resolution). She began practising facilitation and mediation in 2000. Her focus is on the early resolution of disputes with the goal of preserving reputations, protecting business and interpersonal relationships, and, saving time and money for parties in dispute.
Gaye’s Master’s thesis (Dissolution of marriage public policy and the family apart) involved research about the experiences of family members when parties had separated and matters in dispute included property, child care and contact. That thesis informed the amendments in 2000 to the Property Relationships Act (1974) (PRA) and continues to inform public policy.
Gaye has mediated many relationship property matters. The recent Law Commission review of the PRA refers to the findings regarding equity of property division as well as contact and processes for dispute resolution. Gaye was a mediator in the North Shore Family Court Mediation Pilot 2004/2005. Her subsequent PhD research investigated employment relationship disputes and workplace conflict management in the education sector.
Gaye’s mediation experience has been in a variety of sectors:
- Employment relationship problems (performance management, negotiation coaching, team problem solving, workplace bullying and intercultural conflict and negotiations ).
- Education & Health: complaint handlingconflict management including Inter & Intra- team, interpersonal conflict; governance management tensions and leadership discord, design of conflict management processes, policy, procedures and systems.
- Business: contract negotiations; change management; facilitation of complaint handling and resolution, franchise disputes, senior leadership team discord and family business disputes.
- Family: mediation of parental conflict at separation, childcare and contact, relationship property, contracting out negotiations, wills, inter-generational conflict; extended family disputes, eldercare.
- Public Policy and the public service: mediation of work place disputes in Justice, health care providers, facilitation of strategic planning processes in local government, negotiation training in local government and central government departments.
- Mediator North Shore Family Court-Ministry of Justice Family Court Mediation Pilot
- Committee member and trainer Collaborative Law Inc. New Zealand
- Examiner and trainer New Zealand Law Society Mediation training (Massey University)
- Committee member Australia and New Zealand Education Law Association (ANZELA) .
- Member AMINZ
PhD | MA (Hons) | BA | GradDipBusStuds (Mediation)Tching Dip
Areas of Expertise:
- Adolescent/Teenage Issues
- Adult Family and Elder Care
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Extended Family Issues
- Gender Issues
- Illness and Disabilities
- Multi-Cultural Relationships
- Multi-Generational Issues
- Parenting/Care and Contact Issues
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Relationship Property
- Re-Partnered/Blended Family Issues
- Sexuality Issues
- Wills and Estates
- Foster Care and Adoption
Experience with specific cultural, religious, ethnic, or gender groups:
- Eastern European
- Fijian Indian
- South African